Register a free account , and start to earn cool badges.

Find Jobs, Cars, Rentals.
Free Online Classifieds.


0 votes
I live in my fathers 2nd home and pay rent but he just wants to give the house to me, no strings attached.  He lives in Florida and the house and i live in Illinois. How does this affect his taxes
in Legal by  

1 Answer

0 votes
He will need to pay gift tax. There is annual exclusion and lifetime exclusion. If you plan out, you may be able to lower the gift tax.