Register a free account , and start to earn cool badges.

Find Jobs, Cars, Rentals.
Free Online Classifieds.


0 votes
I wrote my will in TX.  I assigned my parents as guardians of my children, not their biological father.  Will IL support my will and request to allow my parents to raise my children?
in Legal by  

2 Answers

0 votes
Normally, that will not hold up in a will. The Court, in your area, that determines custody would make that decision.  However, you would need to check your state laws.
by (1.2k points)  
0 votes
NO that will not hold up in asny court, if you were to pass, the childrens father would be given their custody. But that don't mean your perants cant challenge it because they can. They can seek an injunction and would get it pending litigation to determine their fathers ability to properly raise them. I hope this helps, good luck.