Register a free account , and start to earn cool badges.

Find Jobs, Cars, Rentals.
Free Online Classifieds.


0 votes
I would like to change my daughter's father's name on her birth certificate and also change her last name to his
in Legal by  

2 Answers

0 votes
i think it varies by states. Can be quite complicated in some states.
0 votes
You would have to petition the court to change the daughters name if she were or minor or if she is not she would have to do it. The father would have to be notified. (check your state law for where to file, etc) then once the name change was ordered by the court you would send that order to the vital records department in your state.
by (1.2k points)